2. On the 29th of September, 1947, in the deep mystery of the divine appearance, during prayer, of the winged angel bathed in intense light, word came from God to the Founder:
“It is the wish of God to send you on an errand of preaching to the world. Many nominal Christians there are who, when confronted by difficulties and problems of this world, they run after fetish priests and other powers of darkness for all kinds of assistance. Consequently, on their death, they cannot see Christ because, by their action, Satan has left his spiritual mark on them. To assist you in your work so that men may listen to and follow you, miraculous works of Holy divine healing will be carried out by you in the name of Jesus Christ. These works of divine healing and God’s spiritual mark on you will testify to the fact that God sent you”. Thus was born the world-wide CELESTIAL CHURCH OF CHRIST.
3. The name of the Church came down from Heaven by divine revelation through MR. ALEXANDER YANGA, who was at that time undergoing spiritual healing at the residence of the Pastor Founder and who was held in trance for seven days. At the end of the seventh day, he asked for a piece of chalk and wrote the name of the Church on the wall thus.. “EGLISE DU CHRISTLANISME CELESTE”, meaning “Celestial Church of Christ”.
4. Apart from also being a prophet, the Founder was allowed by DIVINE ORDER to use the name “EPASTORAL” in angelic language, which was also translated for him’ as “PASTOR”. This was after he had spent the first five years since the birth of the Church as “EVANGELIST”.
He is thus Reverend Pastor Prophet Founder (hereinafter referred to as “Pastor”), whose unquestionable authority on earth on all matters of the Church symbolises the oneness, unity and indivisibility of the Church. “Pastor” shall refer not only to the present Pastor but also to his successors in eternity.
5. The final sole authority in the Celestial Church of Christ Nigeria Diocese is vested in the Pastor or the person who succeeds him on his death.
6. Whoever is chosen to succeed as Pastor should have his Headquarters in the land set aside for the Pastor in Porto Novo, Republic of Benin.
7. The Prophet Pastor Founder Reverend S. B. J. OSHOFFA asserts that if he should die in the Republic of Benin, he should be buried in the land he had pointed out in Porto Novo, Republic of Benin.
8. If he should die in Nigeria, he should be buried in the town of IMEKO in Egbado Division of Ogun State near his mother on the family land given to him.
9.The Pastor asserts that his burial ground wherever it is should be set aside as Holy ground and a place of pilgrimage.
Constitution Page 1
Constitution Page 2